try ngee-ing the alphabet.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

april to september. september till june.

The book of the day: sam.

Sam and his mum have been a great inspiration to me after reading this book. From the initial shock of cancer till the intense BEAM and stem cell treatment, sam has indeed been through a lot. My eyes were never dry when i read the book - I cried throughout the first half of the book and was teary through the second. I cried because i emphatise, and i understood. I cried also because i realised how weak my faith in God is.

But one message became clear: to trust Him. Entirely.

Its always difficult to see light when one is in darkness, but its such living miracles of God that renews our hope - that He is alive and He cares for us. To all of sam's friends, i truly admire ur selfless love for sam; and to sam, ur trust in God.

And so this is what i've learnt. Read the book; and you'll realise that suddenly few things seem important - only God is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home