try ngee-ing the alphabet.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

way up there.

Taking a break from it all, we went to the sixth floor and opened the roof access door. I didnt expect a beautiful sight then. But amid the grey-painted surroundings, i was surprised by the little things that i've never observed before - maybe being up there and above all, u see things through a different perspective...

The afternoon sun was dying away, even though it was not blocked by any clouds; neither was it very dark. But you could sense it - the fading away, the resignation of daytime as evening approaches. The trees were leisurely swaying with the wind, and hardly any one was in school. Two swiftlets were flying above.

You can fly so high
Keep your gaze upon the sky
I'll be praying every step along the way
Even though it breaks my heart to know
That we're so far apart
I love you too much to make u stay
Baby fly away...

Or so i sang a chorus from corrine may. I wanted to follow the swiflets. I closed my eyes and nothing happened. The wind was still blowing, the dover HDB estate was still in front of me, and so were the grey architecture of our school. I was still sitting near the edge. Our school is indeed beautiful.

I gave up the quiet moment and asked a few friends to come up. All that reflecting, thinking, recalling, missing was taking a toil on me. I needed a hug.

I hugged cheryl for a long time. Thx...maybe that will make me last for a few more days or weeks. Free hugs are indeed priceless. We tried hugging ourselves and erupted into much laughter...couldnt believe i was smiling and laughing in a while.

When we left, i turned back and peered through the roof access door one last time before closing it: the sun seemed to have aged a little more, and it didnt seem as bright as before. But the wind kept on blowing, and the blessed quietness was ever present. I took a breath and closed the door quickly, before i started to miss the feeling of stillness and contemplation.

Immediately, i snap back to reality like a time machine.

Let me be empty
And weightless and maybe i'll find some peace tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home