try ngee-ing the alphabet.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

resolutions.

It's been raining and raining and raining and raining, and i can't emphasise that point more. Now i really miss those days when the sky was cloudless and the sun was shining mercilessly. I miss the warmth and the cheerfulness that came along with the sun. I even miss feeling too warm under the sun.

But now the sun hides mercilessly; just like it shone mercilessly through the summer days.

What does the rain make me think about? Well, first of all, it makes me feel kinda cold, physically. It makes my heart a little stone too, but i'm used to it now. Then the rain makes me think of blues chords and songs; of flattened sixths and dominant ninths. Of a lazy, slow, and one-of-a-kind Afro-american voice in the background. These are the things that are in my mind when i see the streaks of rain on the car window. I also imagine being back in a temperate country, enjoying winter in a cafe as I cuddle up in my soft sweater, scarf and boots. I imagine watching a performer serenade me into the depths of the cold night, with his soothing voice and guitar...and of course, he's playing the blues. That's what the rain makes me think about. My own comfort zone, my own lonely, individual space.

But i must put that aside soon, because this is what i resolve: next year should be more about others, and less about ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home