try ngee-ing the alphabet.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

God, above All.

First things first.

The nigerian prophet you see on the ads on the mrt trains? He is false; do not be deceived. Jesus has already warned us about this.

'And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.'

'For there shall arise false christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before.'

Matthew 24:11-13, 24-25

Please, do NOT be deceived.

~

As I listened to songs on my ipod today, I realised that I still had my youth. A youth to take chances, to chase dreams, to fulfill aspirations, and even to do things your parents could only dream of and regret for not giving it a shot earlier in their lives. I had my whole youth ahead of me to take the path less travelled; but the price I would have to pay would be meeting the strangers along the way. But what's that to me? I have my youth to meet new friends and people.

That doesn't mean you drift away; I will be anchored.

~

That walk to the bus stop, she felt, were the hardest steps she had to take. She knew she had to make her priorities right with God, and so she tried, as she walked away. She admired how he could smile on the hospital bed, even when the mundane but essential bodily movements were taken away from him. Maybe this trial was meant to prick her; so that she, too, could smile at the pain.

After all, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

1 Peter 1:6-9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home