try ngee-ing the alphabet.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

did u see the rain?

Did u see the rain today?
It made me think of u.

I was just looking up at the sky, wondering at how the rain can travel such a long distance and not die off halfway; how an emotion can travel across the earth and not fade.

~

to yanhan: smile at all costs. u'll never know, but u might just brighten someone's day by smiling.

~

Yesterday's concert was quite an ear-pleaser. Although the horns weren't that good in Mozart's serenade "Gran Partita", the g minor mozart symphony was not bad. We must sound like them on our concert. But the orchestra was way too big for mozart. Too many strings...the stage was overcrowded. Was reading the programme notes on Mozart's serenade and found out that he wrote it for his wedding. I pointed that out to oli and asked him to write me sth for my wedding. He agreed :) and maybe if i am pro enough, i can return the favour, preferably by performing, not composing. haha.

Shostakovich's Gadfly suite was impressive, not really because of the performers, but because i have never heard such amazing film music ( yes yes oli, i am deprived). I loved the overture melody, but the romance and and nocturne were beautiful. Ike's solo was touching and made me think that he had a message to the people out there. To touch their cold hearts. I could have cried for him. Hope it worked.

Andris' solo was heartwrenching as well. Well done, andris! :) I'm sure it touched the hearts of many. By nature of the music, the Nocturne was more heartbreaking than the Romance, thats why i found it more beautiful. I'm finding beauty in all things sad. Maybe i am weird.

The concert left me with more than one thing to think about. I left the hall sad for ike. and sad for u. But good days and bad days, God is still in it, so it balances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home