try ngee-ing the alphabet.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

ame wonders.

I read 1 Samuel 20 for quiet time this morning. Just some background about it: it was about how Jonathan helped David flee from his father, King Saul, cos he wanted to kill him. When Saul found out his own son was helping David, he tried to kill him as well. Jonathan then stormed out of the dinner table and went to tell David that it was not safe for him to tarry any further.

The last two verses touched me.

"And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded. And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the Lord, saying, The Lord be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city." - 1 Samuel 20:41-42

At that instant, I felt for David. and Jonathan.

The parting of inseparable friends. How painful can it get? I felt really sad after reading the chapter, because i realised The Sad Thought is going to come true in one and a half years' time. The time where we'll part and won't know when we'll see each other again. What will life be like without all of u.

Its just so hard to imagine. Because my world will be half-shattered.

I sense a bout of depression then. haha.

But till then, i'm happy and i thank God for every one of u every day. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home